Andrew "Buddy" Baker
President & CEO
Andrew “Buddy” Baker is the President/CEO of Exclusive Sports Group. A New York native, Buddy is a Certified Contract Advisor with the NFLPA and NBPA. His expertise in representing professional athletes has been recognized not only by several media outlets, but also his fellow agents and the players themselves:
- Featured in The Sporting News Magazine detailing his innovative approach to the business
- A consistent contributor to national media outlets such as Sirius NFL Radio, ESPN Radio, Fox Sports as well as local stations affiliated with ESPN, NBC and ABC
- One of 15 Agents on the NFLPA Advisory Committee
- Nominated as a finalist for Indy’s Best and Brightest Award
- Member of a select group of agents responsible for drafting the NFLPA Agent Exam
In 1990, Buddy became a student assistant to Purdue Head Basketball Coach Gene Keady. Buddy oversaw the student assistants participating in the Purdue’s Men’s Basketball Program and played a significant role in the team’s management when they won the 1994 Big Ten Championship. Buddy was instrumental in the development, both on and off of the court, of a number of athletes. These included Glenn Robinson and current client Cuonzo Martin, Men’s Head Basketball Coach at the University of California.
Buddy received his Bachelor of Science degree from Purdue University in 1994 and earned a law degree from Indiana University – Indianapolis in 1998. Upon completion of his law degree, Buddy worked for Ice Miller LLP, an Indianapolis-based law firm, where he started the sports and entertainment division. Buddy accepted the position of President at IM Sports Services in 2001 and began to build the newly founded sports division into a respected staple of the sports management business. In May of 2008, Buddy purchased the assets of IM Sports Services and founded Exclusive Sports Group, LLC.
Buddy has two daughters, Kelsey and Alyssa, and one son, Braden.